Making Memories on Father’s Day

It was lovely to spend time, despite the windy conditions, celebrating Father’s Day with Dads, Grandads and special father figures this morning at school. It was all about creating memories and special moments together that will last a lifetime. Sharing a muffin and challenging your Dad at an activity. Spending a few moments in pursuit of a house point on activities such as a paper plane challenge, Nerf gun target challenge, water flippy bottles, balance boards and a boot toss. So much fun!

I have spent some time this week thinking about the father figures that have been in my life. Looking back over my childhood, the things that stand out to me the most are those special little moments I had with my dad and grandfathers. I didn’t know it at the time, but we were making memories. Racing my Dad up from the back fence to the house, feeding the chooks, picking vegetables and fruit, blowing up air beds and camping, riding on the back of the carryall, feeding the cows and calves, spending time fishing and going to the feed shop of a Saturday morning. It was time spent in enjoying each other’s company and building the bond of a shared experience.

My Dad means a lot to me, but it also makes me think of my relationship with my heavenly Father. Have you ever read the book “You Are Special” by Max Lucado. The book talks about how God loves you just the way you are and wants to spend time with you. But the deeper message is that when we spend time with God we feel valued and special. 

God wants to spend time with you and me daily, hourly, every minute, every second. It does not cost money, He is always ready, always present and always listening. Spending time with God not only lets us know our value and worth, but we are building our relationship with Him.

Can I encourage you to go and make some memories this weekend?

Happy Father’s Day!

Annette

Share your love

Get In Touch

For all enquiries please call the school office on 02 6862 4164 or send us a message.